Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yea. Yea. We're Poor. So what?

If you start at the beginning you can see that we have had quite a transformation in our attitude about being poor. When I say I despised being poor that would be an understatement. But,when God says blessed are the poor,they shall see God. He wasn't kidding. I really do wish I would have written everything down.
When we were desperate:
Jeff found a gold coin and we got $1,500 so that he could pay a bill that was due the next day. "Or else." (been there?)
I was in a very minor accident that the lady admitted full fault. So the insurance company paid me "Pain and suffering" Just as Jeff was needing it.
We received an anonymous gift card.
People gave us food. (when I literally had half a days worth and was praying "O.k. Lord you provided manna to the Israelites. How 'bout a little help here?)
Found a clothing closet when two particularly rough kids needed jeans.
There have been some other things. But,I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Yea,we're still poor. Whatever. My God has it covered.
So,Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment