Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LOUD!

It is a rule in our little 2 bedroom house to be loud. Well at least it appears that way. We play loud we talk loud we fight loud. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that at least 2 people are truly hard of hearing.

But, in those brief precious moments of silence, I know I will one day miss the noise. It will also be the day that I miss my house being a mess. When the PB and J stains are no longer on my walls. At that time I will just have to make a phone call instead of text or facbook my children.

Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

http://www.hebrewchristians.net/Meditations/Be_Still/be_still.html
I like how the hebrewchristian website says surrender so that you know that God is in control. That he is the master of the universe. How hard that is! To completely surrender. To be still and trust that he's got it under control when we are so often out of control. So loud in our activities and worries. Hard of hearing to his quiet calming voice. In the noise I miss what is being said now.

I'm sure my Jesus will say to me. "Silly child. You wasted so much energy on things I held in my hand." Oh that I may be still.


No comments:

Post a Comment