Monday, November 30, 2009

Acceptance


I am following Revive our Hearts 30 day gratitude challenge.
Right now (because the waters seem to be calm) I am just accepting our situation. I'm fighting myself to not be irritated with the kids. I'm enjoying how itty bitty is coming together. We put up our very large tree in our very little living room. We made homemade salt dough ornaments. Paint and all. I have decided that Christmas should not be the only time my dear friends receive a handwritten note from me.
I've accepted my daughter is an adult. If she screws up, she will have to pay the consequence. I can only hold her hand. My brother gets the farm and that is his home. I accept that my mom will never give me nor my family the attention she gives my brother. And that's really o.k. I accept my role in life is to take care of others. Acceptance is a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have chosen to be content! What a smart lady you are. And your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Acceptance sets you free.

    ReplyDelete