Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bad house. Good house. Part 1.

Well let me just say things got bad. I mean really really bad.

We did get into a bigger home. YEA! But this home was a pit. A dump. A...well it was bad. I got it looking pretty good on the outside. It's amazing what a little paint and some flowers will do for a place. So,I perked it up. On the other hand structurally the thing was falling into the dirt.


Yes. Dirt.

Literally.

It was so bad that my husband said that the children could not bounce,hop or do anything other than gently slide over the hardwood surface. And that I had to walk along the perimeter.

O.k. it wasn't quite that bad but almost.

At some point someone had taken the main beam of this two story wonder. The wonder is how it was still standing with the main support beam MIA. There was also water damage or bug damage along one of the exterior wall sill plates. So this whole wall could be shook.

Now, I'm no expert. I'm a girl and I don't know much about construction. But,I would say that a home that does not have it's main support and an exterior wall that is at least 1/4 holding up a roof missing.... is not a good thing.

Jeff said it was fine.

He set to work. He rebuild the main support. lifted it with super jacks.

He lifted. He sawed. He conquered.

Jeff worked and worked and worked.
Then out of the blue he got the call.
The call that changed our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment