Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bad house. Good house. Part 2

For my friend Teresa Rhoades (Robinson). Who peaks at her Christmas presents too.

So,when I say things were bad. I can't express how bad they were. In fact,it's why I stopped blogging. I couldn't stand that every time I went to write something it was such a downer. I figured that there was no point in putting into words what we were enduring because I was so resentful. And I didn't want everyone to see that. Because that's not really who I am as a person. And I hated who I was becoming.
(this is not me. It's a friend of Chis')

I will say all this has given me more grace for those who may seem bitter. That bitterness didn't just get there overnight. It grew out of deep hurt. And they probably just couldn't get through whatever that might have been.

We were poor-rich. Man it was so much fun all the money Jeff made! We wasted it all. So that's why I say we were poor-rich. We did not save. We did not give. (much anyway) We were always on the financial brink of disaster. But,like I said, it was so much fun. We went places. I bought what I wanted when I wanted it. We ate out all the time. I should say it was fun until about 6 years ago when Jeff was laid off. I would have given anything to have even a small portion of what we squandered back.

So Jeff went from making $75,000 a year to 7.50 an hour. Talk about a lifestyle adjustment. Sometime I'll blog about everything that entailed.

Let's get to the good stuff.

I had a friend in October of 2010 say to me have you considered moving back to Kansas City?

I had not. It was too painful.
too much loss.

But I looked at jobs for Jeff anyway. I knew he could not get back into computers. I thought maybe an extruder job since that's what he was doing. Not more than a few days looking one appeared. And it was perfect. So I told Jeff to apply for it. What was it going to hurt?

He had been looking at jobs in Nebraska the whole time we lived there. Trying to find a job that would support our family. Because a family of 8 can not live on $12.00 an hour. Just so you know. Well you can.But it's not very much fun. And I'll get to that some other time too.

Soooo, he applied. He interviewed! We were so excited and really trying hard not to get too hopeful. But we dreamed. We had not done that in a long time. How do you dream when you have no hope?

He got the call back!

They said they were not going to open up the job. They decided to buy a dryer instead. Thank you very much.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So we decided that God must want us to stay put. And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment