Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bad house. Good house. Part 3

To say we were a little broken hearted is an understatement.

But,we decided to make the best of it and buy the money pit. I had someone from the community tell me that people from my own church were judging us for buying it. I was always in a panic over this. With all our kids in that crappy house. With my humiliation of gaining weight.( Because food really is a comfort). I already felt like we were being called "trailer trash".It was very disheartening hearing that people from my own church were talking about us.

I wondered where people wanted me to live? In itty bitty?

NO WAY

This house saved our marriage and my children. Itty bitty was too much. I couldn't go back.

So when the first of the year rolled around,we set out to buy it. We spent our income tax money on the supports and the laundry/bathroom. Then the first of March we got a phone call.

4 months after Jeff's interview they called him back and said they had a job. Did he want it?


We talked about wage and decided it had to be this much.

He took the job.

He gave his 2 weeks notice.


He left.
(I'll talk about that another day. Boy I have a lot to catch up on.)

We then had to address where were we going to live? Jeff wasn't going to make much more at this job. But,we figured expenses would be more in the city. So,I knew we would not be able to get into much of a house. I had a friend that offered for us to live in a duplex they owned. Ugghh. not that I didn't appreciate the offer.

Jeff was staying with a friend. So,one day I came down to see him. And when we went on a drive he saw it. He saw our house. It was beautiful. I couldn't believe that God would really let us live in something so beautiful. I told Jeff sarcastically good luck with that. These homes are $150,000+. Our friend told us that homes like that one were $.200,000. I knew there was no way we would get it.

Jeff called the realtor and they said it was no longer listed. But when it was listed the lady wanted $95,000. Definitely out of our price range. Especially since we had spent all our income tax money on the dump.

But,Jeff felt that this was our house. He was going to call her anyway. We talked about how much we thought we could do. That was the exact price she said she wanted. I still did not believe that we could get into it.


Well,I can't go into all the details. But through a very amazing circumstance we were able to get help. Let me just say I think my kids really really believe in God.


He is the reason
We are here.
Have this house.
Have our marriage.
Have happy children.
Have our faith.

In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.
Psalms 138:3

It's been a long road getting here. I sure wouldn't want to go through it again. But let me tell you,I tell God every day thank you.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic (though stinging) story! I would love to hear more of it. We too found and acquired our home through answered prayer and I fully believe in God's desire and ability to guide us in practical matters and matters of the heart.

    YES children's prayers can be answered. Isn't it amazing?
    Wishing you all the comfort, all the peace you can contain!

    Visiting from Women Living Well
    ~Marie
    www.thelazyw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete