Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Joy Comes in the Morning. But What if the Night Last 7 Years?

I wish I could say that I endured the last 7 years with wonderful grace and joy. But I didn't.

I screamed!
I moaned!
I complained!
I groaned!
I cried,
and cried
and cried.
2 Samuel 22:42
They cried for help, but there was no one to save them— to the LORD, but he did not answer.


I cried out to God. I yelled at Him. I asked Him why in the heck did He allow this to happen to us? I mean really,hadn't we gone through enough as kids?

Weren't things hard enough in the early years of our marriage?

Could He please get us out of this mess?

And he was silent.

How do you go on when the creator of the universe,the one you call savior,the one you boast about,ignores you?

Isaiah 64:12
After all this, LORD, will you hold yourself back? Will you keep silent and punish us beyond measure?

Where is your hope when all your hope is gone?

Psalm 39:7
“But now, Lord,what do I look for? My hope is in you.

We held on. I really didn't think we were going to make it. I thought we were going to lose our marriage. I was sure that we were going to lose our kids.

So what changed? How did we escape?

No comments:

Post a Comment