Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lay-off. Round dos.

Monday Jeff was laid off. Again.

I have to say there is part of me that is a little excited.(Of course I'm freaking out a whole awful lot too.)

I think knowing that we have been through this before gives me a little comfort. Since we made it through all the loss and really haven't built ourselves up yet,I think we will be o.k.

So,what is my plan of action?

We have to get on Food Stamps.I don't want to do this. I have been a little irritated with God over the fact that I have to do this.But,our cupboards were already bare. I have children to feed. And I wont use the food bank and here's why:

I already had to use them. Here in KC they gave my family of 8 three little bags of groceries. There was only one thing in there that would make a complete meal. The only meat was tuna (o.k.) and chicken hot dogs. Who eats chicken hot dogs? I'll throw them in something to hide them. But really???(I know beggars can't be choosers.)

Let our lender know our trouble.They have already told us that they would not kick us out no matter what happens. So I don't have to worry about our house. But,if you are in this spot,call your lender. They would rather hear from you and try to work something out.

Pray.

Tell everyone I know to pray.

Pray some more.

I don't know where this round of layoffs will put us. But I have to trust that God does know what's best for us and I just need to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment